Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Liu Xiang

Before the race, I knew that I had to win for my country China. I thought in my head, “ If I don’t win this race my country will be disappointed”. “ Take your marks,  GO”!!!!! The athletes went off. My goal was to win a gold medal, and make it to the end, at least.

As I crashed out, I held onto my back leg. I absolutely felt embarrassed and disappointed. It was nerve racking. My achilles tendon hurt badly.
After the race I was so angry that I had lost. I wanted to leave. Hopping out of the stadium, I turned to come back in, because I knew I should finish. Hopping down the track, I was near the end. My two friends came and helped me the rest of the way.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,
    I really like your writing and your picture. You have learnt a lot about Liu Xiang. I'm guessing you drew that picture on your netbook. Anyway, I can't wait to read more interesting work. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

    Vivienne

    ReplyDelete