Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Cup Experiment


TITLE
1. QUESTION/OBSERVATIONS
How do different medium affect sound?
2. HYPOTHESIS
I predict that the different material we use will affect the way it sounds, because it might be thicker than the other.
3. EXPERIMENT
Equipment/Materials: At least 2 Cups, String, Nylon, Thick wool, Thin wool, Ribbon, Toothpick, Ruler/Tape,
Process/Method:
1.) Get 2 cups put a hole through the bottom in the middle.
2.) Measure your medium (String/Nylon etc) so they are the same length. Attach the Medium to the cup with the toothpick.
3.) Test - Make sure each test the string/medium is taut.
4.) Rate the sound and record. (Quality/How loud)
4. RESULTS
My experiment on my first cup with the Wool was alright. Enough to hear and do a conversation with others. The quality would be... Loud!

My experiment with my second cup with the wire was below okay. Because I couldn't quite hear the other person that was talking to me. Plus it echoed a lot. The quality would be... Below Average.
5. CONCLUSION:
My Hypothesis was right. The different material we used did affect the sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment