Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

Cultural Designs

For the last Term we have been learning about Symbolism and Art. But for the last couple of weeks we have been looking at Symbolism and Tattoos. We have been looking at a common Tattoo and that is a cultural Tattoo. 

My cultural tattoo is about my culture and my family. 
It took me a while to think about what design to do, but I found one in the end. There where different design to choose from but I reckon I picked the best one.

The first image is about my mums side. As you can see the top picture is the one I've drawn. And the bottom picture is the one I got inspiration from.  I picked this particular design because it shows who 
I am and also because my mother is Maori. If you look at the image it has a description about that picture. It reads, 
"The Fish-Hook shape of the Hei Matau came from a Maori legend. Apparently it hold the North Island of Aotearoa (New Zealand). It was a big fish caught by Maui. And used his Grandmothers Jaw bone to catch that fish." And that is the reason why I picked it. 

















The second image represents my dad's side of the family. As you can see this is the Hungarian Coat or Arms. And same as the other image the top picture is my drawn picture and the bottom is the
same picture I got some inspiration from. And if you read the image it reads, "The Coat of Arms was restored on July the 3rd 1990. The Coat of arms have been used before with and without the Holy Crown of Hunagry. It became part of the empire when Hungary became part of the Hasburg empire." The reason why I picked this certain imgae is because my dad is part Hungarian. Through his father. And it is really important to me. 



Overall I wouldn't get a tattoo if someone passed away in my family or if I just wanted to. But if you wanted a cultural design and you were the same culture as me I would recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment