Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Recount

Have you ever had a happy day with your family or spent some quality time with your family recently? Well I did and I will be writing a recount about everything.

It was on January the 18th 2015 when the day actually happened. We had been preparing and doing make-up and everything that day. My Mum, Dad, 3 sisters, Aunty’s, Uncle and nan were excited to be invited to my older Brother’s wedding. That’s right my 23 year old brother was getting married to a beautiful women named Emma. They had been together for quite some time now and finally he popped the question. But it all happened at Mission Bay beach. They were out just having time together with my nephew Tyreece. Suddenly my brother asks Tyreece if he would give the ring to Emma. When he gave it to Emma, she opened it and then just poured out with tears.
But we had to go so we left.

Getting into the car was quite hard because there was three in the back seat and obviously two in the front. I went with my sister in our, Aunty and Uncle’s car followed by my Nan. My other two sisters went with my, Mum, Dad, and another Aunty of mine.
“Remember when we were getting our nails done yesterday, and I said, “When it comes to the wedding day tomorrow we would think back to today and say, “It was just recent we were here.” Didn't I say that Bre.” I exclaimed to my sister. She replied with a sigh and said, “Yes.” It didn’t really matter to me because I was so pumped to be at my brothers wedding. As we pulled into the Vineyard, my heart was pumping so fast, I was losing my breath there for a moment, but I got it back. We jumped out of the car and walked towards the bar.

I asked, “Does anyone want juice or water.” No one replied so I just got myself a juice. My uncle Rob took pictures of the place and one of me and my family. It was heart warming see us together like that. I just.... Couldn’t believe how close we had come.

Anyway, the venue was at this place called a Vineyard and it was absolutely STUNNING! Flowers everywhere, and chandeliers dangling down from the rooftop, plant that looks like a tree, a walkway that looked like the aisle which it wasn’t and people. I just couldn’t believe what the bride and bridesmaid would’ve looked like!

It was 3:30pm which was the time the wedding had started. Which meant we had to go and sit down. The song started to play and my heart was now starting to really and I mean really pump. My other sister Roseanne started it off my taking the lead by walking down the aisle first. Yeah! She was one of the bridesmaid. LUCKY! Followed by the two other bridesmaid and the maid of honour. Could you believe who else was walking down the aisle. My nephew Tyreece my sister Roseanne’s son. Yes, he was walking down the aisle with his grandma, and when we was coming down I just broke down and started to cry. Not in a horrible way but joyful. That part really touched my heart. Tyreece was looking so handsome and cute with his little tie. Lastly Emma. She looked incredible, beautiful, stunning, gorgeous. All of the above. Her dress was pure white, and dangled down towards her feet. Her hair was done nicely into a bun with braids going around and her shoes were extraordinary. Me and my family just hugged and stood there silently and then sat down. My brother and which is now my official sister-in-law exchanged vows, and we just clapped and cheered! That was the day that changed their lives including ours!

We went inside and man!!!! I am telling you. You could not believe what inside looked like. No offence but it looked better than it was outside. It was blooming and the was flowers and the lighting was just spectacular. We ate and everything and said speeches but what I was really waiting for was the first dance.

Mokai and Emma danced to the song ‘Thinking out Loud’ by Ed Sheeran. Me and Breanna were saying, “Oh, they look so cute together.” As my Mum was drinking was her Champagne my brother came in and grabbed my mum to dance. It was funny because she wasn’t expecting it at all, and Emma grabbed her dad.

I enjoyed dancing with my family and seeing my dad next to the speaker really made me realise that it was hard for him, because he deaf so he can’t hear, but seeing that made it look like he was happy. Which I knew he was.

The day/night had to end sometime and that time had come. Sadly everyone started to leave and meaning we had to too, but I was glad that my brother and sister-in-law got married, because it brought my family together again. That was the happiest time with my family and I will never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment